Rentrak, the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of Jan. 10, 2016, as compiled by the company’s theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted official standard for real-time worldwide box office reporting, Rentrak provides the only theater-level reporting in the world. Customers are able to analyze admissions and gross results around the world using Rentrak’s suite of products.
Rentrak’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Disney’s ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ continues its record-breaking sprint, adding another $145.93 million this weekend globally and beginning its box-office journey in China. The film is now the third highest grossing movie of all-time on a worldwide basis after just 26 days in cinemas. Fox’s ‘The Revenant’ is off to a blazing wide release start taking in $58.2 million this weekend in just 11 territories around the globe.”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, Jan. 10, are below.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Disney – $145.9M
- Revenant, The – 20th Century Fox – $58.2M
- Daddy’s Home – Paramount Pictures – $25.2M
- Hateful Eight, The – Multiple – $18.4M
- Good Dinosaur, The – Disney – $13.6M
- Forest, The – Multiple – $13.5M
- Joy – 20th Century Fox – $12.0M
- Detective Chinatown – Multiple – $11.8M
- Quo Vado? – Medusa – $11.5M
- Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip – 20th Century Fox – $11.3M
- Big Short, The – Paramount Pictures – $10.9M
- Sisters – Universal – $10.6M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, Jan. 10, are below.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Disney – $41.6M
- Revenant, The – 20th Century Fox – $38.0M
- Daddy’s Home – Paramount – $15.0M
- Forest, The – Focus Features – $13.1M
- Sisters – Universal – $7.2M
- Hateful Eight, The – The Weinstein Company – $6.4M
- Big Short, The – Paramount – $6.3M
- Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Road Chip – 20th Century Fox – $5.5M
- Joy – 20th Century Fox – $4.5M
- Concussion – Sony – $3.1M
- Point Break – Warner Bros. – $2.1M
- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, The – Lionsgate – $2.1M
Full details regarding the global domestic and international box office results are listed in the table below.
© 2015 Rentrak Corporation – Content in this chart is produced and/or compiled by Rentrak Corporation and its Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials data collection and analytical services, and is covered by provisions of the Copyright Act. The material presented herein is intended to be available for public use. You may reproduce the content of the chart in any format or medium without first obtaining permission, subject to the following requirements: (1) the material must be reproduced accurately and not in a misleading manner; (2) any publication or issuance of any part of the material to others must acknowledge Rentrak Corporation as the source of the material; and (3) you may not receive any monetary consideration for reproducing, displaying, disclosing or otherwise using any part of the material.
Rentrak (NASDAQ: RENT) is the entertainment and marketing industries’ premier provider of worldwide consumer viewership information, precisely measuring actual viewing behavior of movies and TV everywhere. Using our proprietary intelligence and technology, combined with advanced demographics, only Rentrak is the census currency for VOD and movies. Rentrak provides the stable and robust audience measurement services that movie, television and advertising professionals across the globe have come to rely on to better deliver their business goals and more precisely target advertising across numerous platforms including box office, multiscreen television and home video. For more information on Rentrak, please visit Rentrak.com.