Do Wear Hiking Sandals
- If you are hiking in a dry climate and on well-established paths that don’t have a lot of rocks.
- If you are hiking one-hour to one-day hikes and you are carrying a light day pack.
- If you are looking for a good shoe to wear around a campsite or during calmer portions of a trail.
- If you want to keep your feet cool as they are ventilated.
- If you are crossing a stream as they are a quick drying shoe.
- If you are looking for a better alternative to flip-flops as most hiking sandals come with great arch support, shock resistance, adjustable straps and toe protection.
Don’t Wear Hiking Sandals
- If you need or want ankle support.
- If you hiking in rough terrain.
- If you hike off trail.
- If you hike more than one day.
- If you carry a heavy backpack.
- If you are hike in an area with snakes, insect, ticks and other small animals. Wearing boots you can tuck your pant legs into the boots to prevent unwelcome visitors.