June 15 is Nature Photography Day. The North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) created the day in 2006 as a way to encourage people to learn and enjoy capturing the beauty of nature through their cameras.
Nature photography is a branch of photography that is devoted to taking pictures of natural elements including landscapes, geological formations, and flora and fauna in their natural habitats and in zoos. As a rule, nature photography does not include photographing human subjects, though some exceptions can be made depending on the situation
Perfect Hobby for Everyone!
- Cameras are Cheap – Most phones have a camera option and if you are looking for a digital camera there are many that would fit any price range.
- Digital World – No more needing a darkroom and expensive equipment to develop film. Now you can share your photographs instantly through social media or even email. Think about how many image you have seen on Facebook – it is about time your friends and family see your photographs.
- Creative – Photography is a very acceptable form of creativity that allows endless flexibility in how you adapt it to your own personal style.
- Your Brain – Research has shown that learning a new skill helps the brain and improves memory, and the more difficult the skill, the more improvement you get.
- Healthy – Getting out of the house, walking about, or even hiking is often a side-effect of getting into photography.
ABOUT DR. JENNIFER L FLO
For many of us, our feet are the furthest things from our minds, both physically and mentally. We expect they’ll be uncomfortable at times, and we put up with it when they hurt. But healthy feet are fundamental to the quality of our lives. They are wondrously engineered and often the indicators of our overall health, so we need to look after them.
Dr. Jennifer L Flo is a highly trained physician focusing on the foot and ankle. She should be an important part of your health-care.
Jennifer L Flo is a Board Certified Doctor of Podiatric Medicine and Certified Wound Specialist Physician, devoted to the study, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle and lower leg.
◙ American Board of Multiple Specialities in Podiatry
◙ Certified Wound Specialist Physician
◙ Bachelors at the Gustavus Adolphus College
◙ Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
◙ Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte, MI, in Podiatry