RBmedia, a global leader in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology has acquired Audiobooks.com
Through the company’s technology platform, consumers around the world can access premium digital media titles from their smartphones, tablets, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™, Apple Watch®, connected homes, and computers.
RBmedia can now reach more consumers than any competitor.
Uniting global leaders in digital media
RBmedia now reaches millions of consumers across 38 countries and brings together eight leading brands in two areas: publishing and distribution platforms.
- RBmedia’s worldwide publishing imprints include Recorded Books, HighBridge Audio, Tantor Media, ChristianAudio, W.F. Howes (UK), and Wavesound (Australia).
- The company’s distribution platforms reach consumers:
- Directly via its newly acquired Audiobooks.com platform
- Through 10,000+ library partners, enabling library patrons to enjoy premium digital content — regardless of their ability to pay
- Via consumer digital resellers like Amazon Audible®
RBmedia is the largest audiobook publisher in the world. Its proprietary catalog of more than 30,000 premium titles includes works by Danielle Steel, J.R.R. Tolkien, Dean Koontz, dozens of Newbery Medal winners, and many other leading authors. To produce its top-quality spoken audio content, RBmedia uses professional narrators, top directors, and award-winning actors.
Based on its extensive consumer reach, RBmedia is uniquely positioned to best monetize authors’ works for spoken audio. What’s more, RBmedia leverages advanced technology to identify and bring emerging authors to the spoken audio market.
Also, spoken audio is the easiest way to get the “G” in EGOT.