Ladera Sports Center Hosts So-Cal Trampoline & Tumbling State Championships, Drawing Weekend Crowd of 22 Teams
Over 300 athletes competed in the event
This event serves as the first of two chances to qualify to the USA Gymnastics Championships
Ladera Sports Center announced today that the organization hosted the So-Cal Trampoline & Tumbling State Championships April 8 – 9, welcoming over 300 athletes and 1,000 spectators over the course of the two-day event.
USA Gymnastics Level 3- athletes of all ages competed in the event, which included individual trampoline, tumbling, and double-mini trampoline. Awards were given to the top 50 percent of competitors in each division.
Trampoline and tumbling professionals of note to attend the event included:
- Event Director- Peter Dodd, 6x U.S. National Team Member and 2x USA Coach of the year;
- George Hery, a member of the World Acrobatic Society’s Hall of Legends and World Professional Trampoline champion who received the Lifetime Achievement from USA Gymnastics in 2016;
- Austin White, World Champion and World Record Holder;
- Jennifer Parilla, a trampolinist who earned 12 national titles during her career and competed on behalf of the U.S. in the 2000 and 2004 Olympic Games; and
- Robert Null, Olympic coach for all trampoline Olympic events since it began in 2000.
“Southern California is renowned for having some of the highest quality athletes in the country, and we couldn’t be more pleased to have hosted this significant and exciting event for trampoline and tumbling competitors,” said Holly Schwartz, co-owner of Ladera Sports Center.
The State Championships was run by World Elite Gymnastics (Rancho Santa Margarita). World Elite is known throughout the world for consistently producing Olympic level athletes.
Northwest Designs of California, K-Bee Leotards and KIND Snacks sponsored the competition. Saddleback Valley Christian Football Team also volunteered during this event.
These athletes will now go one to the Regional Championships, which will be held at the Westgate Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas NV May 12-14th. One week later the elite athletes will attend a national event at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs in hopes of earning points toward the World Championships Team.
About Ladera Sports Center
Founded in 2016, Ladera Sports Center is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to providing world-class indoor programs and events. The center contains eight basketball/volleyball courts, premium wood flooring, climate control, 28 LCD monitors including a video wall, live streaming cameras on each court, a noise attenuation system and the All-Star Café. The facility also achieved LEED Certification by providing electric car charging stations, solar technology and high efficiency lighting. Learn more at www.laderasportscenter.com.