March 28 is Something on a Stick Day.
It is a day to have fun with your food and to celebrate delicious and easy-to-eat dishes on a stick.
Red, White and Blue Popsicles
These red-white-and-blue popsicles are great to make when fresh blueberries and raspberries are in season. Other fruit, such as chopped strawberries or cherries work well as ingredients for healthy popsicle.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups water
- Lime Juice
- Mix water, sweetener and lime juice to taste
(some like it tart while others like it sweet)
- Divide blueberries and raspberries among freezer-pop molds.
- Pour liquid mixture over the berries.
- Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours.
- Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.