Top Executives Convene at Seventh Annual Out Leadership: U.S. LGBT+ Summit 2017 to Discuss the Role of Business in Creating and Sustaining Inclusion in an Uncertain World
WHAT: Out Leadership’s seventh annual LGBT+ Summit in the U.S. brings together LGBT+ and straight ally senior leaders to discuss issues at the intersection of LGBT+ and business, while collectively setting a forward-looking agenda for the global business community.
The Summit’s agenda includes a session that will explore examples of successful interventions by business to halt anti-LGBT+ laws. It also includes a discussion on current cases pending in the U.S. that could result in nondiscrimination protections, why they’re good for business, and how businesses can ensure these protections become law.
WHO: Out Leadership: U.S. LGBT Summit 2017 is hosted by Jeff Bewkes, Chairman and CEO, Time Warner Inc. The Summit is sponsored by Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Additional speakers include:
- Janet C. Boyd, Director of Government Relations and Legislative Counsel, The Dow Chemical Company
- Jonathan Capehart, Editorial Board, The Washington Post
- Mark McCombe, Head of the Americas, BlackRock, and Global Head, BlackRock Alternative Investors
- Ernest LaMont Greer, Co-President, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Rufus Gifford, former U.S. Ambassador to Denmark
- Eric Holder, Partner, Covington & Burling
- Matt McTighe, Executive Director, Freedom for All Americans
- Martine Rothblatt, CEO, United Therapeutics
- Rachel B. Tiven, Executive Director, Lambda Legal
- Mark Thompson, CEO, The New York Times Company
- Tony West, Vice President of Government Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo
- Kenji Yoshino, Chief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Constitutional Law, NYU School of Law, and Member, Out Leadership Global Advisory Board
Speakers subject to change. Attendance is by invitation only.
WHERE: Time Warner Center, 60 Columbus Circle, The Columbus Room, 10th Floor, New York, NY, 10019
WHEN: Friday, May 5, 2017. 2:00 – 5:40 PM
WHY: Out Leadership gathers senior leaders in the global financial hubs of New York, London, Hong Kong, and Sydney to help their companies attract, retain and develop LGBT+ talent, capture market opportunity, and drive LGBT+ equality forward.
LGBT+… + Muslims, + Immigrants, + Women, + Communities of Color, + Disabled, + Veterans. The world’s smartest companies know their top talent, and their customers, are not single-issue people. Inclusion is good for business. Period.
About Out Leadership
Out Leadership is the global LGBT+ business advisory company, partnering with the world’s most influential firms to build business opportunity, cultivate talent, and drive equality forward. Including LGBT+ people at all levels powerfully benefits bottom lines. We help companies realize their Return on Equality™.
Out Leadership is a certified B Corp. For more information about our global initiatives or to learn about our advisory work, please visit www.outleadership.com